These vegan vietnamese spring rolls are light and healthy yet SO delicious! Loaded with crunchy veggies, fresh herbs, and rice noodles, these rolls are easily customizable and done in under 20 minutes. Enjoy them as a healthy snack, fancy appetizer, or a light lunch dipped in a yummy vietnamese peanut sauce.
Easy vegan vietnamese spring rolls
I absolutely love eating spring rolls but what I like most about these homemade vegan vietnamese spring rolls is that they’re so easy to make and I get to choose which veggies I like to add! In this recipe, I added the veggies I like the most, but feel free to swap the ingredients.
This recipe is also naturally vegan, gluten free, low in calories, and super healthy. They’re also the perfect finger food to have with family and friends.
Ingredients you’ll need
- Rice paper – this is what we use to roll our vegan vietnamese spring rolls in.
- Vermicelli noodles – this is the thinnest type of rice noodles, the best ones to use for this recipe.
- Red cabbage – adds crunch and beautiful color.
- Romaine lettuce – I used romaine lettuce, but you can also use any other lettuce you have in hand.
- Fresh mint – for flavor.
- Fresh cilantro – for flavor.
- Carrot – adds so much flavor and amazing crunch.
- Cucumber – for freshness and extra crunch.
How to make vegan vietnamese spring rolls
Step 1: Prep your ingredients
First, we’ll prep our veggies and have everything ready so each roll can be easily assembled. We’ll shred the lettuce and the red cabbage. Then, we’ll cut the carrot and cucumber into matchsticks. Lastly, we’ll cook our rice noodles using a small pot with boiling water.
Step 2: Soak the rice papers in warm water
Our second step is to soak each rice paper in warm water. I like to do this on the stovetop by pouring just enough water to cover the bottom of the pan, over low heat. Alternatively, you can also fill a shallow dish with warm water. Dip each rice paper in the warm water for about 5-10 seconds, until the rice paper is soft and translucent. Then, lay the soft rice paper on a large plate.
Step 3: Assemble your vegan vietnamese spring rolls
Now, we are ready to start assembling our rolls. Gently add all the ingredients to the center of the rice paper. Fold over the longer sides first, and then fold in the corners.
Top tips to making this recipe perfectly
- Don’t oversoak your rice paper – this will make it almost impossible to handle due to the softness and stickiness of the oversoaked rice paper.
- Don’t overfill your roll – fill each roll just enough. Rice paper is very delicate so if the roll is over-filled then it may probably tear.
How to store
You can store these vegan Vietnamese spring rolls in the fridge in an airtight container for up to two days. Store the peanut sauce in a different covered container for up to five days.
Make sure to tag me @cravebysaldemar on Instagram if you make these vegan vietnamese spring rolls. To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the button on the recipe card, the buttons above or below this post, or on any of the photos above.
If you tried these vegan vietnamese spring rolls let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest and Instagram for more delicious recipes!Print
Simple Vietnamese Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 10 rolls 1x
These vegan vietnamese spring rolls with peanut sauce are healthy and delicious! Loaded with crunchy veggies, fresh herbs, and rice noodles, these rolls are easily customizable and done in under 20 minutes.
- 10 rice papers
- 250 g rice noodles
- 1/2 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 5 leaves romaine lettuce, shredded
- 5 leaves red cabbage, shredded
- 5–10 mint sprigs
- 10 cilantro sprigs
- 3 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp sriracha
- A pinch of ground garlic
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the rice noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Fill a shallow dish with warm water or use a medium pan, heat it over low heat, and cover the bottom of the pan with water. Soak 1 rice paper for about 10-15 seconds, until soft and translucent. Then, lay the rice paper flat on a large plate.
- In the center of the rice paper, assemble a small mount of the roll ingredients: shredded lettuce, shredded red cabbage, carrots, cucumber, mint, cilantro, and the rice noodles.
- Gently and tightly fold over the shorter sides of the roll and then fold over the longer sides, tucking in the roll filling.
- Repeat process for the remaining rolls.
- Serve with peanut sauce.
- Whisk all the peanut sauce ingredients together.
- Add a splash of water to thin the sauce if necessary.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Leave a Reply