Did you know you can have a baked potato raclette recipe without special equipment? This baked potato raclette is indulging and delicious, and perfect for a fall/winter or holiday side dish. It’s made with three ingredients, simple to make, and a crowd-pleaser!
What makes this baked raclette so special?
If I would have to choose just one thanksgiving side dish for me, this is it! I love potatoes and I love raclette so the combination of these two is just heaven! It’s also super simple and easy to make these, it only requires three main ingredients so you basically can’t go wrong. Besides, the spin of this dish, requiring no special equipment is what I like. Everyone can make it 😊!
Ingredients you’ll need
This recipe has three main ingredients:
- Potatoes – medium potatoes work best.
- Raclette cheese – this is the cheese you’d use for a raclette. If you can’t find raclette cheese substitute it for a good melting Swiss cheese or gruyere.
- Bacon – I love the bright flavor bacon gives to this recipe. If you don’t eat bacon, try adding prosciutto, turkey ham, or just leave it out.
- Optional additions: pickles, pickled onions, sausages, mustard, tomatoes, etc.
Tips for making baked raclette perfectly
- Boil the potatoes before – make sure the potatoes are soft and tender before placing them in your baking dish.
- Smash the potatoes – smash the potatoes before adding the cheese, this way you’ll get a decent ratio on each bite of potato, cheese, and bacon.
- Don’t cook the bacon before – the bacon will be cooked while in the oven, therefore it’s not necessary to cook it before.
How to store
Store this baked potato raclette in an airtight container, in the fridge for up to three days.
More fall/winter / holiday recipes to try
If you try this baked raclette, it would mean the world if you leave a rating or comment below!