This smoked salmon and zucchini carpaccio is easy to make and perfect for a light and healthy lunch. Swap your regular salads and enjoy this carpaccio instead!
Have you ever tried ceviche? Ceviche is a common dish in Central and South America made of cubed raw fish cooked in citrus juice. This recipe is a similar dish but with sliced smoked salmon and zucchini, an Italian-inspired ceviche.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Requires zero cooking
- It’s light and healthy and naturally gluten-free
- High in protein and omega 3
Ingredients you’ll need
Smoked salmon – can’t make this recipe without salmon! I recommend using smoked salmon
Zucchini – for some freshness and crunch
Red onion – to balance the flavor
Pickles – for some sweetness and crunch
Parmesan cheese – for flavor
Dill – for flavor (optional)
Lemon juice – for freshness
Olive oil – I like to use extra-virgin olive oil, but you can swap it for any one you like
Salt and pepper – to season
Smoked salmon and zucchini carpaccio: frequently asked questions
- What else can you put in this smoked salmon and zucchini carpaccio? There are so many options, you can add capers, thinly sliced olives or avocado… feel free to get creative!
- What is the difference between smoked salmon and raw salmon? Smoked salmon has been cured with high temperatures that cooks the meat and kills the bacteria, making it safe to eat. Raw salmon, on the other hand, has not been cured or cooked and could contain bacteria, parasites, or pathogens. Important: to safely eat raw fish, I recommend using citric juice (lemon juice). The acidity in the lemon juice creates a chemical reaction that breaks down the protein in fish, the same way cooking does.
- What can I serve this with? Serve this up on its own or with your favorite crackers or sliced toasted baguette.
Make sure to tag me @cravebysaldemar on Instagram if you make this smoked salmon and zucchini carpaccio. To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the button on the recipe card, the buttons above or below this post, or on any of the photos above.Print