Simple tuna tartare bites with avocado and cucumber! This light and healthy tuna has so many nutrients and can be enjoyed as a snack, as an appetizer, or as light lunch or dinner. The flavor combination is perfect. Plus, it’s light and fresh. It’s a healthy appetizer or snack anyone will love!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- It’s gluten free and low carb
- It requires no cooking and
- Takes under 10 minutes to prep!
Tuna tartare bites made with avocado and cucumber
Let’s talk tuna! I love tuna tartare and its flavor combination in this recipe! But if you’re looking for a lighter and healthier option, then this recipe is for you! It’s done in only four simple steps:
- Prep the tuna – chop the tuna into small cubes and throw in all the ingredients.
- Prep the sauce – optional. The sauce is a little extra, but it tastes just as good and can also be enjoyed without the sauce!
- Slice the greens – thinly slice the avocado and the cucumber
- Assemble – assemble your tuna tartare bites 😉 place an avocado slice on top of a cucumber slice, then carefully and gently spoon some tuna on top. Garnish with some sesame seeds and enjoy!
More appetizer recipes to enjoy
Simple Vietnamese Springle Rolls with Peanut Sauce (GF, DF, RSF, V)
Classic Tuna Tartare with Avocado and Chipotle Mayo (GF)
Make sure to tag me @cravebysaldemar on Instagram if you make these simple tuna tartare with avocado and cucumber bites. To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the button on the recipe card, the buttons above or below this post, or any of the photos above.
If you tried these simple tuna tartare with avocado and cucumber bites let me know how you liked them by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest and Instagram for more delicious recipes!
Simple Tuna Tartare with Avocado and Cucumber Bites
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Diet: Low Calorie
A simple, quick, and healthy tuna appetizer everyone will love!
- 1 lb sushi grade tuna, cut into small cubes
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced crosswise for smaller pieces
Sauce for the tuna tartare:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp low sodium gluten-free soy sauce
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Sesame seeds (optional)
Spicy “mayo sauce” (optional):
- 1/4 cup greek yoghurt
- 2–3 tbsp sriracha
- On a serving dish, lay the cucumber slices.
- Add one avocado slice on top of each cucumber slice.
- Whisk all the spicy “mayo” sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the tuna tartare sauce ingredients with the tuna until combined.
- Gently and carefully spoon the tuna mix on top of each avocado slice.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Lunch, Dinner, Snack, Appetizer
- Method: Raw
Keywords: tuna tartare, tuna tartare with avocado, tuna tartare bites
It’s not easy to find good tuna recipes, but this was 5/5.