These olive oil chocolate chip cookies are SO delicious! They’re soft, thick, tender, and loaded with chocolate chips. They’re also perfectly balanced as these cookies are not too sweet. These cookies are easy to make and done in under 20 minutes!
Healthier & easy olive oil chocolate chip cookies
This is one of those cookie recipes that will leave you speechless once you try it. Olive oil in baked goods is seriously underrated. Olive oil creates perfect moisture AND gives a rich and smooth flavor to baked goods.
These olive oil chocolate chip cookies leave me feeling speechless after every bite. Their texture is thick and tender, and they maintain their perfect texture for days, rather than drying out.
They’re also perfectly balanced as they call for less sugar than the usual cookie recipe. They’re also naturally free of gluten, dairy, nuts, refined sugars, and made with healthy fats, which makes them perfect to fit most diets while also indulging!
Olive oil in cookies might sound strange, but I promise you won’t even feel its taste. Plus, who doesn’t want healthy fats packed with omega-3 in desserts?
Ingredients you’ll need
- Olive oil – our star ingredient!
- Coconut sugar – can sub for brown sugar
- Eggs – this will help the dough come together.
- Oat flour – you can easily finely ground your quick oats, just make sure they’re certified gluten-free.
- Vanilla extract – for flavor
- Baking soda – to help the cookie rise.
- Baking powder – to help the cookie rise.
- Salt – to balance the flavors
- Chocolate chips – you can use semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips, whatever you have on hand.
How to make olive oil chocolate chip cookies
Step 1: Whisk and mix
In a medium bowl, whisk the oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. In a separate large bowl, mix the olive oil, egg, coconut sugar, and vanilla together. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and fold until smooth. Then fold in the chocolate chips.
Step 2: Scoop
Using your hands or an ice cream scoop, scoop the dough out into balls and place them in the lined baking sheet.
Step 3: Bake
Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!
How to store
Store leftover olive oil chocolate chip cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to five days.
More gluten-free cookie recipes to try
- Life-changing Chocolate Chunk Cookies (V + GF)
- Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies (V + GF)
Make sure to tag me @cravebysaldemar on Instagram if you make these olive oil chocolate chip cookies. To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the button on the recipe card, the buttons above or below this post, or on any of the photos above.Print