Is there anything more comforting than a hot bowl of soup on a cold day? This caldo tlalpeño made with vegetables, chicken, chickpeas, and herbs is super flavorful, high in protein, fiber, and vitamins. It’s a crowd-pleaser, and a soup everyone will love!
A healthy homemade caldo tlalpeño
Caldo tlalpeño is a Mexican chicken and veggie soup, made with vegetables, chickpeas, and chicken. There is nothing like a healing soup for colder months that leaves you feeling good. Here is what I especially love about this cozy soup:
- This soup is super healthy as it is filled with veggies, protein, vitamins, AND it’s gluten free.
- This recipe is perfect for meal prep as it can be stored in the fridge for five days.
- The combination of the veggies and the chipotle makes for the ultimate flavorful soup!
How to make caldo tlalpeño
Heat some oil in a medium pan and sauté the chopped chicken. When ready, remove and set aside. On the same pan, sauté the red pepper, onions, and garlic. Stir frequently to avoid from burning. After 5-6 minutes, add the quartered tomatoes. Stir until you get a sauce-like consistency. Then, add all the sautéed veggies to a blender and blend.
In a medium pot, add your blended veggies and add 4 cups of water or chicken broth. Stir in chipotle sauce, salt, and pepper. Once it starts to boil, add the chopped green beans, carrots, and the sautéed chicken. Cook for 15-20 minutes. Then, add the chickpeas.
Serve with chopped cilantro, feta cheese, and avocado.
What to serve this soup with?
I love serving this with only the toppings, but you could definitely serve this soup with some rice or quinoa.
Make sure to tag me @cravebysaldemar on Instagram if you make this caldo tlalpeño. To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the button on the recipe card, the buttons above or below this post, or on any of the photos above.
If you tried this caldo tlalpeño let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest and Instagram for more delicious recipes!Print
Mexican Caldo Tlalpeño Soup (Gluten Free)
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
This comforting caldo tlalpeño packed with veggies is super flavorful, high in protein, fiber, and vitamins. It’s a crowd-pleaser, and a soup everyone will love!
- 1–2 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 4–5 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth or water
- 1 tbsp chipotle sauce
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 15-oz can garbanzo beans, drained
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Feta cheese
- Lemon juice
- Heat some olive oil on a medium pan on medium heat, season the cooked chicken breasts with some salt and pepper and sauté. Remove and set aside.
- Add some more olive oil to the same pan and add the red bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Cook for about 4-5 minutes, then add the quartered tomatoes. Cook for about 7-10 minutes or until the tomatoes have softened and you have a sauce-like consistency. Transfer the cooked veggies to a blender and blend.
- In a medium pot over medium-high heat, add the blended veggies and 4 cups of water or chicken broth. Stir in the chipotle sauce, salt, and pepper. When it starts boiling, stir the chopped green beans, carrots, and sautéed chicken.
- Let simmer for 15-20 minutes. Then, add in the chickpeas. Stir and remove pot from heat.
- Serve with chopped cilantro, cheese, avocado, and some lemon juice (optional).
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
Leave a Reply