This honey orange glazed salmon is super easy to make and a delicious recipe that feels and tastes fancy. The salmon is pan-seared in a honey orange sauce, the perfect balance of sweet and sour with the best flavor ever!
Special and fancy homemade honey orange glazed salmon
Honey orange glazed salmon is honestly a recipe that will impress everyone. It’s one of my favorite salmon recipes because it’s delicious, easy to make, quick, AND easy to clean up – as it requires only a pan and a mixing bowl. It’s also gluten free, dairy free, and takes under 20 minutes to make. Perfect for a weeknight dinner, or a special dinner with family and friends!
This salmon is first pan-seared creating a crispy and charred edge and a tender and juicy center. Then, we add the sauce ingredients to the pan and wait for a couple of minutes for the sauce to thicken. The combination of the sauce ingredients is what sets this recipe apart from all the rest creating the most delicious and flavorful dish. I can’t believe honey and orange could go so well together!
This sauce is so addicting! You could also add the sauce to any other protein you might like. So simple, delicious, and filling.
How to make this recipe
Step 1: Pan-sear your salmon
In a medium pan over medium heat cook your salmon. In the meantime, throw all the sauce ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
Step 2: Pour the sauce
Pour the sauce on top of the salmon. Let it cook for 2-3 more minutes until the sauce begins to thicken creating a glaze.
Step 3: Serve
Serve the salmon with your side of choice and enjoy! Enjoy this honey orange glazed salmon with a side of white rice, fried cauliflower rice, baked potato wedges, or roasted vegetables.
How to store
Store leftover honey orange glazed salmon in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two days. Reheat in the microwave or a pan with a splash of oil.
Make sure to tag me @cravebysaldemar on Instagram if you make this honey orange glazed salmon. To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the button on the recipe card, the buttons above or below this post, or on any of the photos above.
If you tried this honey orange glazed salmon let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest and Instagram for more delicious recipes!Print
Honey Orange Glazed Salmon (Gluten Free)
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
This honey orange glazed salmon is pan-seared and then cooked in a honey orange sauce. Serve this salmon with some white rice, baked potato wedges, or your favorite vegetables.
- 250 g salmon fillets
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup orange juice (the juice of one orange)
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 inch fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- Salt, to taste
- Orange zest from the orange (optional)
- Heat a medium pan over medium heat. Sear salmon skin side up for 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle some salt on top. Flip and sear for about 3-4 minutes. Turn the salmon over to one side and sear for 2 minutes and then turn it to the other side and sear for 2 more minutes.
- In the meantime, mix all the rest of the ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Turn the salmon fillets skin-side up and pour the sauce around and on top the fillets. Reduce the heat and cook for 2 more minutes until the sauce begins to thicken. Turn the fillets over letting them absorb all the flavor. Move the salmon around in the sauce to evenly coat.
- Serve with white rice, baked potato wedges, or roasted vegetables. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Lunch, Dinner
- Method: Cook
Leave a Reply