These chocolate-dipped butter cookies are healthier than your average cookie. They’re made with whole-grain flour and less sugar. The chocolate adds some added flavor and a nice twist to the classic holiday cookies. Enjoy as a holiday dinner dessert, with a cup of coffee, tea, or hot cocoa!
Why you’ll love these chocolate dipped butter cookies
- As easy as can be – Just throw all the ingredients into a bowl at once and mix them using your hands. Then just roll the dough, cut it into shapes, and bake!
- Healthier than your average butter cookie – these chocolate-dipped butter cookies are made with whole-grain flour and have less sugar than the average cookie. Whole grain flour, also called spelt flour, is high in protein and fiber, making it easier to digest. Plus, it also has essential nutrients such as iron, magnesium, and zinc.
- Can be made gluten free – just swap the spelt flour for 1:1 gluten free flour.
- Fun holiday activity – these cookies are holiday approved! They’re also fun and quick to make.
Ingredients you’ll need
A butter cookie dipped in dark chocolate, yes, please!Whole grain spelt flour – you can also use regular flour or 1:1 gluten free flour.
- Butter – classic holiday cookies require unsalted butter. Use good quality butter for great flavor.
- Coconut sugar – coconut sugar is lower in glycemic index, making these cookies refined sugar free, but feel free to use whatever you have on hand!
- A pinch of salt – perfect to balance out the flavors.
- Egg – this will bind our dough together.
- Dark chocolate – to dip the cookies. Here you can use dark chocolate chips.
- Coconut oil – to soften the chocolate and make it smoother.
- Chopped nuts – chopped hazelnuts, almonds, or pecans.
More cookie recipes to enjoy
- Healthier easy olive oil chocolate chip cookies (GF, DF, RSF)
- Life-changing chocolate chunk cookies (V, GF, DF, RSF)
- Easy chocolate chip banana oatmeal breakfast cookies (V, GF, DF, RSF)
Make sure to tag me @cravebysaldemar on Instagram if you make these healthier chocolate dipped butter cookies To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the button on the recipe card, the buttons above or below this post, or on any of the photos above.
If you tried these healthier chocolate dipped butter cookies let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest and Instagram for more delicious recipes!Print