The most delicious sweet potato vegan chili! Nourishing, healthy, delicious, and perfect for fall and winter season!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1–2 medium sized sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 15-oz can black beans, drained
- 1 15-oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat some olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Sauté the chopped onion, red bell pepper, and carrot until soft and charred.
- Add the garlic and cook for another two minutes, stirring until fragrant.
- Stir in the black beans, tomatoes, water, spices, salt and pepper. Then add the cubed sweet potato, stir, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and stir frequently.
- Let cook for 25-30 minutes or until the sweet potato is tender.
- Serve it on its own, over white rice, brown rice, or quinoa. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Lunch, Dinner
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sweet potato vegan chili, sweet potato chili, sweet potato black bean chili, vegan chili