The coziest and most delicious bowl of nourishing sweet potato vegan chili! This sweet potato vegan chili is quick, easy to make, healthy, and perfect for lunch or dinner! It’s also high in protein and fiber, gluten free, dairy free, and tastes even better after a few days making it a great option for meal prep. Serve it over white rice, brown rice, or quinoa!
Why you’ll love this sweet potato vegan chili
This sweet potato vegan chili ticks many boxes for me: it’s not only delicious and satisfying for this fall/winter season, but also healthy and nourishing. Lately, I’ve been meal prepping on Sundays or Mondays and I make a big batch for the entire week. This recipe is just perfect because it develops even better flavor over time! This dish is:
- Tasty and flavorful – the flavor from the number of veggies and healthy ingredients this dish has is unbelievable. The bright flavor from the beans, sweet potato, veggies, and spices stands out. Plus, it will taste even better after a few days 😉
- Healthy – this sweet potato vegan chili has many veggies packed in, plus it’s loaded with protein and fiber from the black beans and antioxidants from the sweet potato. It’s also allergy friendly! Making it a great option if you’re thinking about making it for a group: it’s gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian, AND vegan.
- Quick, easy to make, and perfect for meal prep – it takes less than 30 minutes to make, requires only a chopping board, a knife, and a pan, AND keeps for five days in the fridge.
Ingredients you’ll need
- Black beans – the first star ingredient! Up until now, you may already know I have a lifelong passion for black beans. They’re just an amazing food, being a great source of protein, fiber, and antioxidants. Also perfect for breakfast (yes!), lunch, and dinner. For this recipe, a 15 oz can of black beans works.
- Sweet potato – the second star ingredient! Feel free to add a little extra if you’re really into it and want to make the sweet potato the main ingredient.
- Onion – for flavor.
- Garlic – for flavor, use garlic cloves or garlic powder.
- Red bell pepper – finely chopped, for flavor.
- Carrot – finely chopped, for flavor.
- Tomatoes – a 15 oz can of diced tomatoes works. This is used for the sauce and flavor, as well.
- Chili flakes – for some spice.
- Paprika – to season.
- Cumin – to get this chili flavor.
- Turmeric – for a brighter pop of color, but mainly for its health benefits. Turmeric fights inflammation, boosts brain function, lowers cholesterol, and promotes healthy digestion.
- Salt and pepper – to taste.
It would mean the world if you leave a rating or comment below if you tried this sweet potato vegan chili!Print