This gluten free honey sesame chicken is crispy and coated in the tastiest sauce! Serve it over white rice and your favorite veggies.
- 400 g chicken breast, diced
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- Oil, to coat the bottom of your pan
Honey sesame sauce:
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch ginger, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp gluten-free hoisin sauce
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (sub sugar or honey)
- 2 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce (or tamari)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water (to mix the cornstarch in)
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Sesame seeds
- First, we’ll prep the chicken. In a medium bowl, add the chicken and season it with some salt. Add the cornstarch and mix until everything is evenly coated. Let rest in the fridge while we prepare the honey sesame sauce.
- In a sauce pan, heat some oil over medium heat. Sauté the minced garlic and sliced ginger until light golden brown and fragrant, about 3-4 minutes. Then, stir in the hoisin sauce, maple syrup, soy sauce, sesame oil, and sriracha. Let cook over a gentle simmer stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the chicken. In a medium pan, pour enough oil to coat the bottom of your pan. Heat the oil over medium heat. Cook the chicken on both sides, making sure it’s cooked through. When done, lay the cooked diced chicken over some paper towels and gently pat it. It should absorb most of the oil.
- In 1/2 cup of water, add the cornstarch and mix until no clumps remain. Pour it into the honey sesame sauce and stir for about 5 more minutes.
- Mix the chicken with the honey sesame sauce. (This can be done directly in the saucepan or in a bowl.)
- Top with chopped green onions and sesame seeds!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes