Gluten free cashew chicken: the best easy and delicious weeknight dinner that comes together in less than 30 minutes! A nourishing meal as it’s packed with protein, veggies, and healthy fats.
A family-friendly dish that even picky eaters will love! The super crispy little chicken cubes get tossed up in corn starch, then stir-fried, and then toss up again in a sweet, sour, and tangy sauce. The sauce blends perfectly well with the veggies and rice.
Why you’ll love this recipe
The perfect weeknight dinner: it’s easy and it’s quick. Perfect for weeknights when you don’t have too much time but still want to eat something good!
Mix in your favorite veggies: I like to have mine with bell peppers, onions, and broccoli. Choose your favorite veggies or veggies you already have at home!
Flavorful and cozy: this gluten free cashew chicken recipe is full of flavor, and packed with protein and veggies! It’s very satisfying and perfect for a cozy home meal.
Top tips to cook gluten free cashew chicken
- Use enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan, to avoid the chicken cubes from sticking to the pan.
- For the base, you can use any rice you’d like. I used white rice because that’s the one I like, but this would also pair well with brown rice or quinoa.
- If you like your food spicy, feel free to add some red pepper flakes or a bit of sriracha to the sauce! If you’re not that into spicy food just skip it.
- Store any gluten free cashew chicken leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. Reheat in a pan on the stovetop or in the microwave.
More gluten free dinner recipes to enjoy
Honey Orange Glazed Salmon (GF, DF, RSF)
Gluten Free Honey Sesame Chicken (GF, DF)
The Best Sweet and Sour Chicken (GF, DF)
Make sure to tag me @cravebysaldemar on Instagram if you make this gluten free cashew chicken. To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the button on the recipe card, the buttons above or below this post, or on any of the photos above.
If you tried this gluten free cashew chicken let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest and Instagram for more delicious recipes!
Gluten Free Cashew Chicken
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
Super simple, nourishing, and delicious Asian-style gluten free cashew chicken with veggies!
For the sauce
- 3 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 tbsp gluten-free hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp sesame oil
For the chicken
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb chicken, sliced into bite size pieces
- 4 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup of broccoli florets
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup raw cashews
To top (optional)
- Cilantro leaves
- Green onions
- Sesame seeds
- In a medium bowl, add the cornstarch and salt and mix until blended. Toss the chicken and the cornstarch together until evenly coated.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil, then stir in the garlic, the red bell pepper, the broccoli, and the green onions. Stir fry for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently to avoid burning. Cover with a lid for 3 more minutes for the veggies to fully cook. Once cooked, remove the veggies from the pan.
- If needed, add a little more oil to the pan, then add the chicken. Allow to cook for 5-7 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
- In the meantime, whisk all the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl.
- In the same pan, add the veggies, the cashews, and the sauce. Reduce heat and stir for a minute until the sauce blends in. Serve over white rice and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Lunch, Dinner
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: gluten free cashew chicken, asian style chicken, cashew chicken
Leave a Reply