These gluten free apple pancakes are fluffy and perfect for a simple, light, and healthy breakfast! These are made with a handful of simple ingredients and are perfect for a healthy breakfast for when you’re craving something sweet. I love these on its own or topped with some maple syrup!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- These gluten free apple pancakes are super easy to make. It’s all done in one bowl and mixed by hand. Plus, it takes less than 15 minutes to make.
- You can make this recipe your own by topping the pancakes with whatever you like such as any nut butter, fruit, honey, or yogurt.
- These pancakes are gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free, and nut free.
- They make for a complete breakfast meal! They are satisfying and filling, perfect to feel energized right after breakfast.
Ingredients you’ll need
- Gluten free flour – can sub for all purpose flour for a non gluten free version.
- Baking powder – for the pancakes to rise and make them fluffy.
- Salt – this will help balance the flavors and enhance them.
- Cinnamon – for taste.
- Nutmeg – optional, but highly recommend for taste.
- Egg – to bring the dough together.
- Vanilla extract – for taste.
- Apple sauce – unsweetened apple sauce or apple puree works perfectly. This is to give this pancakes softness and an apple taste.
- Milk – to make these gluten free apple pancakes dairy free, use any non-dairy milk.
- Maple syrup – my personal choice to top these pancakes. Feel free to choose whatever toppings you’d like.
Top tips for gluten free apple pancakes
- Mix the batter until smooth – whisk until no lumps remain. Feel free to use a blender if that’s easier.
- Cook on medium or medium-low heat – cooking on low-medium heat will ensure your pancakes are cooked all the way through without risking burning them.
Make sure to tag me @cravebysaldemar on Instagram if you make these gluten free apple pancakes. To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the button on the recipe card, the buttons above or below this post, or on any of the photos above.
If you tried these gluten free apple pancakes let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest and Instagram for more delicious recipes!Print
Gluten Free Apple Pancakes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6–8 pancakes 1x
Easy and healthy apple pancakes made gluten free, dairy free, and nut free!
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp apple sauce or apple puree
- 3/4 cup non dairy milk
- Mix the gluten free flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Once mixed, add the egg, vanilla extract, apple sauce, and milk. Whisk until no lumps remain.
- Heat some oil on a medium pan over medium or medium-low heat. Pour a large spoon of batter into the pan. Let cook until bubbles start to form, about 2-3 minutes. Then flip and cook for 1-2 more minutes.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free pancakes, apple pancakes, apple cinnamon pancakes
Leave a Reply