Creamy, nutrient-dense vegan butternut squash pasta sauce!
- 250 g pasta of choice, gluten free if needed
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed (seeds removed)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup pasta water
- 1/2 cup dairy free milk
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp sage (optional)
- In a medium sauce pan, boil the cubed butternut squash until cooked through.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, add the oil and sauté the onion and garlic until translucent and fragrant, about 5-7 minutes. Stir in the cooked butternut squash and keep stirring for about 5 more minutes. Set aside and let cool off.
- In the meantime, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water before draining.
- Carefully transfer the butternut squash with the onions and garlic to a blender (blend in batches if needed). Add 1/2 cup of pasta water, milk, and nutritional yeast. Blend until smooth and creamy. Bring the blended sauce back to the pan and add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Transfer pasta to the sauce and toss until evenly coated.
- Serve the pasta and top it off with some sage, red pepper flakes, and/or any veggie of choice.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: creamy vegan butternut squash pasta, vegan butternut squash pasta, butternut squash pasta sauce recipe