These crispy sweet potato fries are so good you’ll never know they’re healthy! Made with minimal ingredients, these fries are salty but sweet, crispy, and spicy. Just slice, toss, mix, spread, and bake until crispy. This recipe takes healthy sweet potato fries to a whole other level.
Why you will love this recipe
- This recipe is vegan, gluten free, and dairy free
- Sweet potatoes provide many health benefits – they are full of antioxidants, fiber, and have beneficial blood sugar-regulating properties. Plus, they provide gut health, and may support your immune system. Big win-win!
- You don’t need any fancy equipment to make this recipe, you just need a bowl and a baking sheet
- You can have these crispy sweet potato fries on their own as a snack, or with your favorite dish
How to make the best crispy sweet potato fries
These crispy sweet potato fries are honestly super simple and easy to make, and the best part is they are totally a crowd pleaser! Here is the secret to making them crispy:
Slice your fries about 1/4 inches wide – to slice your sweet potato into fries, first, cut off the ends of the sweet potato. Then, cut the sweet potato in half right down the middle. Lengthwise, cut the sweet potato into small strips. Take each strip and cut it into thin fries.
Toss and stir – make sure the fries are coated evenly with oil and seasoning before baking
Spread – spread the fries on the lined baking sheet.
Bake at 400 F – line a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake at 400 F for 25 – 30 minutes, or until crispy.
Frequently asked questions – crispy sweet potato fries
- Do I need to soak the sweet potato fries in water? No, you do not need to soak your sweet potato fries in water, as it will not make a significant difference in their crunchiness.
- Can I modify the ratio of spices in this recipe? The ratio of spices is my personal preference; you can always adjust the spices to taste.
How to store
Store any leftovers in the fridge in an air tight container for up to three days. Keep in mind these fries are best served hot and fresh. Reheat in the oven at 350F for 5-10 minutes, or until crispy.
Other crispy and salty recipes you may like
Make sure to tag me @cravebysaldemar on Instagram if you make these crispy sweet potato fries. To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the button on the recipe card, the buttons above or below this post, or on any of the photos above.Print