This savory creamy sun-dried tomato pasta with figs has the best combination of flavors in one recipe! This pasta feels fancy, yet it is one of those perfect quick and easy dinner recipes that take these simple ingredients to a whole other level. The crunchiness of the figs, together with the creamy mozzarella is just so delicious. It’s the ultimate crowd pleaser!
Creamy sun-dried tomato pasta with figs is a very easy recipe that requires minimal ingredients and steps: a perfect easy and fancy recipe.
This recipe is made by adding chopped onions, sun dried tomatoes, and figs to a pan with a splash of olive oil. After sprinkling with some salt and drizzling with olive oil, we add just enough chopped fresh mozzarella to give it a delicate creamy taste. After stirring the mozzarella, it creates the most delicious and creamy sun-dried tomato and fig sauce that’s then tossed with rigatoni.
Ingredients you’ll need
- Pasta of choice – any kind you like!
- Sun-dried tomatoes – for flavor.
- Figs – this pairs well with sun dried tomatoes and will add a perfect fruit serving.
- Fresh mozzarella – adds volume, protein, and a delicate cheesy flavor.
- Extra virgin olive oil – from the sun-dried tomatoes or extra virgin olive oil.
- Salt – to taste.
You can definitely make some adjustments to this based on what you have on hand. Substitute sun dried tomatoes for regular cherry tomatoes. If you’d like, you can also make this recipe with regular pasta, gluten-free pasta, or grain-free pasta!
What makes this creamy sun-dried tomato pasta with figs so special?
This has been one of my go-to fancy pasta recipes lately: it’s hearty, healthy, and perfect for fall. Here are some reasons why this is one of my favorites:
- It’s quick and easy – just chop, cook, stir, and serve.
- It’s not your basic tomato sauce pasta – don’t get me wrong, I love a good classic pasta (check out this amatriciana pasta recipe if that’s more your thing) BUT this recipe takes the basics to a whole other level. It has been a crowd pleaser! This pasta looks and feels fancy AND the combination of flavors and textures will seriously feel like heaven.
- It’s healthy, hearty, and cozy – this is a healthy and simple way to enjoy a hearty and cozy pasta that is packed with nutrients. The sun-dried tomatoes provide vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. The figs provide both calcium and potassium, while the mozzarella provides calcium and is a great source of protein.
More pasta recipes to try
Make sure to tag me @cravebysaldemar on Instagram if you make this pasta with creamy fig & sun-dried tomato sauce. To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the button on the recipe card, the buttons above or below this post, or on any of the photos above.
If you tried this pasta with creamy fig & sun-dried tomato sauce let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest and Instagram for more delicious recipes!Print