If you’re on the hunt for the best gluten free granola recipe, then look no further. This one is a keeper. This recipe is packed with flavor and nutrients and makes for the best on-the-go snack. Forget about all the other granola recipes, because this one will become your favorite!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- It is super flavorful and packed with nutrients
- This recipe yields a relatively big batch, which makes it convenient to make in advance and store
- Mix it with yogurt, top a salad with it, toss it with oatmeal or grab it as a quick snack! It really is the perfect snack to keep stored in a container for whenever you need something quick and easy to eat
How to make the best gluten free granola
One thing I love about making the best gluten free granola is that it is quick and super easy to make. It takes about 10 minutes to prep and yields a big enough batch to eat granola for weeks.
First, you will need to mix the dry ingredients together (gluten-free oats, coconut flakes, chopped hazelnuts, almonds, pistachios, and salt).
Make sure to season salt to taste. The amount of salt that you need will depend on the type of salt that you use. For example, when using finer salt, make sure to use less than what the recipe calls for. When using coarser salt, use the same amount as what the recipe states. If anything, you can always add more later if you’d like.
Then, in a saucepan heat the olive oil, maple syrup, and sugar. Move until the sugar is well blended. Mix in the sauce with the dry ingredients and *important* blend it thoroughly. Once well blended, spread the granola in a baking sheet with parchment paper. When the oven is ready, slide the baking sheet in the oven. Halfway through (about 20-25 minutes), stir and break through the granola. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the crunchy granola is dry and lightly golden.
The secret to making crunchy granola boils down to making sure your oven is set to the right temperature. Temperature plays a key role in this tasty granola recipe because the right temperature will make the granola dry and golden (which is what we want).
Best gluten free granola: frequently asked questions
- Can I use different nuts?
- To make this recipe, I like to use almonds, pistachios, and chopped hazelnuts, but you can definitely use whatever nuts you like! Walnuts, cashews, pecans, etc.
- Why is my granola not crunchy?
- Make sure your oven is set to the right temperature. If the temperature is too high, then the nuts will not be given a chance to dry and crisp up, but instead will burn. If the temperature is too low, then you will probably end up with chewy granola.
- Why is oil in this recipe important?
- Oil is a key ingredient in this recipe because it makes the baked granola crunchy and crispy, and this is the texture we are going for! I use extra-virgin olive oil, but you can easily substitute it with canola or grapeseed oil.
How to store?
Before storing the granola make sure it is already cool. If stored when warm, your granola could soften and lose its crunchiness. This granola keeps for three to four weeks when stored in an air-tight container at room temperature.
Make sure to tag me @cravebysaldemar on Instagram if you make the best gluten free granola recipe. To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the button on the recipe card, the buttons above or below this post, or on any of the photos above.
If you tried this Best Gluten Free Granola let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest and Instagram for more delicious recipes!Print
Best Gluten Free Granola
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
Golden, crunchy and crispy vegan, gluten free granola blended with almonds, hazelnuts and pistachios is the perfect breakfast or on-the-go snack.
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup whole almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cane sugar (can substitute with brown sugar for non vegan option)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 300F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the rolled oats, coconut, almonds, chopped hazelnuts, pistachios, and salt. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan warm the sugar, olive oil, and maple syrup over low heat until well blended. Mix in the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients, until evenly coated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the granola over it.
- Bake the granola for 35-40 minutes, stirring the granola halfway, until golden and crispy.
- Allow the granola to cool completely, then blend in the cranberries.
- Store in a jar or in an air-tight container.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
Leave a Reply