These gluten free and naturally vegan banana oatmeal breakfast cookies can be enjoyed for breakfast or as a little sweet and healthy treat.
- 1/2 cup ripe bananas, mashed (about 2 medium bananas)
- 2 cups gluten free oats
- 2 tbsp biscoff (sub any nut or seed butter)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt, to top (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix the mashed banana, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and biscoff.
- In a separate bowl, mix the gluten free oats, and chocolate chips.
- Pour the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and fold the two together using a rubber spatula. If using mix ins or add ins, fold those in.
- To scoop the dough you can either use a large ice cream scoop, a cookie scoop, or use a regular spoon. Place the scooped dough on the lined baking sheet (cookies won’t spread so you can place them close to each other). Gently press the cookies down to about 1/2 – 1 inch. Bake for about 12-15 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
- Transfer to a cooling rack, and sprinkle with some flaky salt.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes